Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 17-03-2014
Nationwide, children below the age of 4 must journey in a specifically designed child safety seat. To facilitate right safety seat installation, automobiles manufactured after May 2002 use an anchor and tether system. For automobiles produced earlier than 2002, consult your owner’s manual for set up instructions. Make sure that your child seat is properly put in in the back seat of the car to forestall severe harm throughout an accident.
2002 and Older Ford Truck Models Child Safety Seat Installation Instructions
1. Place the child safety seat in the desired seating position.
2. Determine the correct safety belt for the specific seat you might be installing. For instance, if you are placing a seat within the heart seating position, use the center seat belt. Pull down on the seat belt if you are using a shoulder belt.
3. Insert the security belt by means of the back part of the car seat.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 02-04-2013
Subject : Water in Blower Case – blower motor and/or Resistor Failure
Models : 2001-2004 Ford Taurus, 2001-2004 Mercury Sable
ISSUE Some vehicles built between 5/1/2001 and 12/15/2003 could exhibit water in the blower case or on the passenger facet ground, an inoperative climate control blower motor, a motor that operates on excessive pace only, and/or a blower motor resistor failure.
ACTION Inspect and seal cowl area and install Rain-Hat Extension Seal. Inspect and substitute blower motor and/or blower motor resistor if there may be proof of water/corrosion. Seek advice from the next Service Procedure for details.
1. Access blower motor and resistor per the Workshop Manual Sections 412-02 and 412-04. Examine for evidence of water/corrosion. If water/corrosion are discovered or parts have failed, replace per Workshop Handbook (blower motor 1F1Z- 19805-AA and resistor F6DZ-19A706-AA).
2. Visually examine the Cowl Vent Display screen located beneath the RH windshield wiper to confirm if the display is absolutely seated.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 05-03-2013
Ford Radio Removal and Installation Instructions
Ford automobiles, such as the Mustang, F150 and the Taurus, have a special design that makes swapping the radio out easy, even for the amateur. Putting in a new radio will only require the Ford Radio hook instrument or an aftermarket equal, until you might be putting in an aftermarket radio. Aftermarket radio set up is a bit more troublesome and will require wire cutters to convert wiring harnesses and a screwdriver to take away the radio mount. Replacing a Ford Radio is similar in every vehicle except for the F250 and autos geared up with the Shaker 500 stereo.
Removing the Stock Ford Radio
Disconnect the detrimental battery cable in your Ford vehicle before attempting to work on the radio. Wiring components may cause electrical shock; disconnecting the destructive battery cable will keep you safe.
Ford vehicles have an easier access factory radio than many other vehicles.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 21-11-2012
The power window regulator holds the window glass in place in your Ford vehicle. If you hit the window switch, it sends an electrical signal to the window motor. The window motor turns this electricity into mechanical power that it makes use of to show the gear on the window regulator which moves the regulator up or down. Within the event the window regulator breaks, binds or seizes up, you have to to exchange it. You probably have primary auto restore abilities, you may install a new power window regulator in your Ford in about an hour.
Ford Power Window Regulator Installation Instructions
1. Pry the Ford’s power window swap and switch bezel assembly out of the door panel with a trim tool. Pull the wiring connector out of the base of the ability window switch.
2. Take away the hex head screws from the door panel with the trim tool.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 06-06-2014
The starter motor must be in good condition to begin any automobile, especially a large one just like the Ford Explorer. Putting in a brand new starter in the Explorer’s engine means disconnecting and eradicating the old starter. You’ll need to entry the starter from beneath the truck in most cases. The process can vary for fashions made prior to 2002, so examine along with your mechanic.
Ford Explorer Starter Motor Installation Instruction
1. Disconnect the black cable on the truck battery’s negative terminal.
2. Elevate the front end of the truck and help it on jack stands.
3. Pull off the protecting cover on the current starter’s solenoid terminals and wires. Loosen the nuts on the terminals with a wench and disconnect the wires.
4. Take away the present starter-mounting bolts with the wrench and withdraw the starter motor from the engine.
5. Set up the alternative starter motor in place of the old one and apply the mounting bolts.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 30-05-2012
Installing a Ford Transmission in your car or truck seems like a big job, and it is. Whereas you do not need to be a grasp mechanic to carry out this operation, it will take endurance, know-how and plenty of elbow grease. With the right equipment, tools and a helper, a ford transmission could be put in in a day by anybody with some mechanical aptitude, a working data of the autos’ drive train and the power to carry out some heavy lifting. Assuming you’ve already removed the old ford transmission, placing the brand new one again in should not be too difficult.
Ford Transmission Installation Procedures
1. Set the parking brake, put in your security glasses and use the jack to lift the front finish of the Ford high sufficient that the transmission might be slid beneath upon getting set it on the jack stands.
2. Place jack stands below the body within the entrance, making sure to give your self enough room to get at the transmission.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 29-10-2012
Very like a regular air filter filters the air that circulates within the automotive’s engine, a Cabin Air Filter filters air that passes through the vents and heating and air-conditioning systems. Cabin air filters are utilized in many Ford vehicles and cars. A Cabin Air Filter should be replaced every 15,000 miles or as frequently as is stated within the proprietor’s manual of your explicit Ford model.
Ford Cabin Air Filter Installation Procedure
1. Find the circular plastic cap or caps on the passenger-side plastic piece just under the place your windshield wipers rest. You can finest see these when the hood is down.
2. Open the hood. Take away the cap or caps by prying them off with a flathead screwdriver. Set the cap or caps aside to be reinserted when you find yourself completed installing the new cabin air filter.
3. Take out the screw or screws you’ve uncovered by eradicating the plastic cap or caps.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 05-01-2012
The Ford pickup’s engine needs a totally functioning engine coolant Thermostat with a purpose to function properly. If you start your Ford truck, the engine is chilly and cannot burn the air/gasoline combination correctly till the engine reaches operating temperature. If the engine far surpasses operating temperature, it is going to overheat. The Thermostat regulates the engine temperature to make all this work as designed. Anyone with basic auto restore skills can set up a new Thermostat in a Ford pickup in less than one hour.
Ford Pickup Thermostat Installation Instructions
1. Open the Ford truck’s hood and assist it with the prop rod if necessary. Slide the drain pan beneath the front of the engine, aligned with the thermostat housing, positioned the place the upper radiator hose meets the engine.
2. Remove the thermostat housing bolts with the socket set. Pull the thermostat housing off the Ford truck’s consumption by hand.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 04-05-2013
Multi-disc changers afford car audio fans with the power to listen to quite a lot of music for hours, without the hassle of having to change discs. To install a CD Changer, you first need to choose a location to retailer the unit. A standard location is the trunk of your Ford automobile or behind the seat of your Ford truck. You’ll be able to select to have your CD Changer installed by a technician at an aftermarket retailer, or you can do it your self and avoid paying the labor cost.
Ford Audio CD Changer Installation Instructions
1. Disconnect the negative grounding cable from the Ford battery using a Phillips head screwdriver. Unscrew the cable’s clamp bolt and remove the clamp from the damaging battery lead.
2. Insert the DIN removal tools into the slots on the face of the radio.
3. Pull the DIN tools outward and towards you (away from the sprint) to remove the stereo.… Read More
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on 01-11-2012
The Ford Taurus occupied the Ford Motor Company vehicle line-up as a mid-sized sedan from 1985 by way of 2007. In 2008, the Taurus took over as the flagship full-sized vehicle for Ford with new styling and a bigger chassis. The stereo system within the mid-sized version was a manufacturing facility-put in AM/FM stereo. Out there options over the years included a single-disc CD player, a multi-disc CD changer and lately a system pre-wired for satellite radio. To exchange a malfunctioning inventory radio or upgrade a manufacturing facility unit with an aftermarket stereo, you can take your Taurus to a dealership or retail stereo shop, or you possibly can install a new deck yourself.
Ford Taurus Stereo/Radio Installation Instructions
1. Remove the grounding cable from the Taurus’ battery. The grounding cable connects the negative terminal on the Ford’s battery with the frame of the automobile to floor the electrical system. Loosen the cable’s clamp with the wrench and transfer the cable away from the battery until the new stereo is installed.… Read More