The 1800 EZ-Steer requires installation of a brand new, tapered lower curler bearing and seal on the shaft of the lower clamp assembly. This bearing configuration is just like the one provided with the GL1500 triple tree assembly from the manufacturing facility with a new motorcycle. It is essential so that you can substitute the stock higher bearing and race with the brand new one equipped in this kit. This new bearing will help you add some pre-load to the brand new EZ-Steer assembly and, if accomplished correctly, may have a light dampening effect on the steering. Torque the steering head bearings to 30 ft-lbs using the particular Honda tool.
Honda GL1800 Goldwing EZ-Steer Installation Procedures
1. Use the Parts Guidelines included along with your hardware to verify the contents of the box.
2. Remove the entrance wheel, forks and triple clamps as proven in the Honda Store Manual.
3. Take away the fork tube caps and set up the brand new 1-inch extensions using the brand new “O” rings provided in your EZ-Steer kit.
4. Set up the new Triple Clamps. Keep in mind to grease the new upper and decrease steering bearings. The signal-cancel machine underneath the lower triple clamp does not require particular re-mounting hardware.
5. Set up the forks into the brand new Triple Clamps. Test the steering lock action by turning the forks fully in each directions.
6. Reinstall the fender and wheel assembly. Ensure the brake hoses are routed to permit full journey of the forks.
The bearings in your EZ-Steer rake package are regular wear items, not topic to replacement beneath Champion’s one year Limited Warranty for the product. Failure to comply EZ-Steer with your bike manufacturer’s recommendations for periodic OEM triple-tree maintenance will speed up the damage on these bearings. Checking/adjustment of the steering stem nut torque, with the front end lifted, in accordance together with your bike manufacturer’s suggestions, is key to dependable bearing service.