Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 01-09-2014
1. Place the motorbike on a safe stand.
2. Take away the gas tank and radiator shrouds. three
3. Take away the entrance number plate if cdi unit is positioned behind number plate.
4. Take away cdi Ground from coil.
5. Take away Old cdi.
6. Remove ignition cover.
7. Use an electrical, pneumatic impression to remove flywheel nut.
8. Use flywheel puller to remove flywheel. Thread the flywheel puller into the flywheel by turning the puller counter clockwise (left hand thread). Turn flywheel puller middle nut clockwise with an impact set to low to remove flywheel.
9. Remove 2 bolts that secure the stator.
10. Take away stator.
11. Set up new stator by aligning the index mark on the decrease stator plate with the index mark on the left crankcase.
12. Set up and tighten stator bolts to 9 ft-lbs. (1.2 kg-m).
13. Install new flywheel and tighten flywheel nut to 40ft-lb (5.5 kg-m).
14. The pulser gap is preset to .012″. When you have trouble starting you bike after installation verify the gap between the pulser and the ignition set off on the flywheel is .012″. Use a very good/no good approach when checking and adjusting the gap. The biggest feeler that will match with out forcing the feeler into the gap is the present gap.
15. If the pulser hole must be adjusted loosen the pulser mounting bolts adjust the pulser up or down as needed.
16. Route and tie the wiring in the same location areas because the eliminated wiring. Insure that the
wiring is securely mounted and doesn’t rub, chafe, pinch or pull.
17. Reassemble motorcycle.