Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 07-05-2013
When it is time to change your Honda Accord headlight bulbs, you may find the half quantity you may want located on the base of the old bulb. This would be the only printed number on the bulb. When changing the bulbs, just remember to change the bulbs with the precise half number you need. Whereas different bulbs may fit, they don’t seem to be essentially meant to be used in your Accord. This may even ensure the right headlight depth your Accord requires.
Honda Accord Headlight Bulb Installation Instructions
1. Open the hood and find the Headlight Bulb you want to replace. Put on your rubber gloves.
2. Unplug the electrical harness that connects the Headlight Bulb to the electrical system. In a Honda Accord, these will all the time be a plug-style connection. You will need to push down on the retaining clip and pull the connector aside from the bulb’s base.
3. Turn the base of the headlight bulb in order that the bulb comes free from the housing. You will then be able to pull the headlight bulb straight out of the housing.
4. Insert the new bulb. Set up is the reverse of removal.
5. Repeat Steps 2 to 4 for every bulb you might be replacing.
Do not touch the headlight bulb itself together with your fingers. The oil out of your fingers will likely be heated by the bulb and will cause the bulb to blow up inside the headlight housing. Because of this, use rubber gloves or use caution when dealing with the bulb.