Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 19-02-2012
When you do your personal repairs and want to install a new steering rack for the 2000 to 2007 model years, comply with these instructions. Ford introduced the Focus with the 2000 model year and the primary era lasted for 7 years before the second generation was launched for the 2008 model year. The original shipped as a sedan, hatchback and wagon, but the hatchback and wagon failed in favor of a coupe with the 2008 manufacturing line.
Ford Focus steering rack Installation Instructions
1. Disconnect the detrimental battery cable and center the steering wheel. Pull off the decrease instrument panel and uncouple the steering rack column shaft and steering gear pinion.
2. Raise and help the entrance finish earlier than removing the wheels. Unscrew the tie rod end nuts and use a ball joint press to detach the tie rod ends. Separate the stabilizer bar links and strut and spring assemblies.
3. Unhook the fluid cooler hose and drain the fluid into a clear container. Remove the heat shield, hose help clamp and power steering rack hoses from the gear. Jack the crossmember for help and take away the bolts earlier than decreasing it from the frame. When you remove the floor seal and steering rack column coupling shaft, you call pull out the rack and pinion assembly.
4. Replace the stress and return hose O-ring seals before you install the brand new gear. Tighten the gear fastening bolts to fifty nine foot pounds. Reattach the steering rack column coupler shaft and replace the unique flooring seal. Use pins to align the crossmember to chassis alignment holes and secure the crossmember with outer bolts tightened to 85 foot kilos and 4 interior bolts tightened to 148 foot pounds.
5. Take away the transmission jack and subframe alignment pins to reconnect the ability steering hoses. Tighten the hose assist clamp and change the heat shield. Safe the support insulator to the transaxle middle bolt with a torque of 37 foot pounds.
6. Join the cooler hose and relink the stabilizer bars to the struts and springs (37 foot pound torque). Tighten the new tie rod end nuts to 35 foot-pounds and exchange the wheels. You may decrease the front end at this point.
7. Reattach the steering column coupling shaft and steering gear pinion with w new clamp bolt (21 foot pounds). Replace the instrument panel, refill the fluid and reconnect the battery. Should you do not do a complete entrance-finish alignment, you must not less than ensure you properly alter the toe.