Ford Motor Company primarily based the brake design on the Ford Focus after know-how developed in Germany by Ford business partners. This means the Focus brake system has extra in widespread with a BMW 3 sequence than a Ford Taurus. Unfortunately, not like the BMW, Ford doesn’t warrant Brake Pads past the preliminary warranty period. With that in mind, you’ll be able to anticipate to replace the pads on a Ford Focus more usually than on different Ford vehicles.
Ford Focus Brake Pads Installation Procedures
1. Put your safety glasses on. Set the parking brake and chock the rear wheels. Loosen the lug nuts on the front wheels, however don’t remove them.
2. Raise the front end by putting the ground jack beneath the entrance body and jacking the Focus up. Position the jack stands under either side of the entrance frame. Remove the floor jack.
3. Take the lug nuts and wheels off the front axles and set them out of the way.
4. Put the catch pan beneath the brake assembly on the left entrance and spray the brakes down thoroughly with brake cleaner. Remove as much brake mud as possible with the spray.
5. Unbolt the brake caliper with the socket set and pull the caliper off the brake rotor by hand.
6. Pull the retaining clip off the again of the brake caliper and take the previous Brake Pads out of the caliper by hand. Spray the within of the caliper with brake clear to remove any brake dust after which lubricate the caliper slide with the white lithium grease.
7. Retract the brake caliper piston with the caliper piston tool (you can purchase a caliper piston device at your native auto parts store).
8. Insert the brand new brake pads, in the identical route and orientation as the previous pads. Put the retaining clip again in place and then slide the caliper back over the brake rotor.
9. Bolt the caliper again down with the socket set.
10. Repeat steps 4 by 9 on the correct front. In case your Focus is supplied with 4-wheel disc brakes, repeat those steps on the rear brakes as effectively, once you lower the entrance end and jack up the rear.
11. Reinstall the wheels and lug nuts. Decrease the Focus off the jack stands and tighten the entrance lug nuts to seventy five lbs/ft with the torque wrench.