Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 01-05-2013
A key security element of the Ford F250 is the braking system. Over the course of time, brakes put on down and need to be replaced. Like many automobiles, the rear brakes on an F250 are drum brakes. It is a sort of braking system wherein the brakes are on the within of a drum that is situated on the wheel hub. When engaged, the brake pads press out in opposition to the inside of the drum, slowing the truck. Changing the brake shoes and pads is a repair that can be accomplished at residence with the correct tools and knowledge.
Ford F-250 Brake Drum Shoe Installation Instructions
1. Clear the wheel with brake wash. Avoid coming into direct contact with the dust and brake wash, and put on gloves and security goggles when cleaning the wheel, as the brake dust could contain asbestos.
2. Lubricate the spots on the wheel where the brake sneakers come into contact with non-drying silicone brake lubricant.
3. Put the brand new brake sneakers onto the wheel hub.
4. Attach the spring-loaded retainers to the wheel to keep the brake shoes in place, while you set up the adjuster arm.
5. Install the adjuster-arm spring, adjuster cable and brake-shoe springs.
6. Connect the adjuster cable to the adjuster arm.
7. Place the brake drum onto the wheel hub.
8. Put the tire on the wheel hub, and secure it, by attaching the lug nuts to the bolts.