Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 30-10-2012
The Ford Escape comes with a factory installed AM/FM radio/stereo. Standard choices for the Ford Escape include multi-disc CD changers, Mp3 capable stereos, satellite radio and DVD navigation units. Still, Escape homeowners might find a higher solution for their car audio needs in an aftermarket stereo/radio. Once you’ve got eliminated the factory stereo from the Ford Escape, installation of an aftermarket system is a job that even a automotive audio novice can carry out easily.
Ford Escape Stereo/Radio
1. Disconnect the damaging battery cable from the adverse battery terminal. Loosen the bolt on the cable’s clamp with the 10 mm wrench, take away the cable from the detrimental lead publish, and relaxation the cable away from the battery.
2. Connect the stereo wiring, within the now vacant stereo/radio mounting dock, to a wiring harness adapter. The wiring harness adapter will probably be labeled to illustrate where you’re to make the suitable connections.
3. Slide the Ford radio put in kit faceplate adapter into the stereo mounting dock. Feed the wiring harness adapter by to the front of the faceplate adapter.
4. Connect the leads of the wiring harness adapter to the retailers on the again of the aftermarket stereo/radio. Slide the aftermarket stereo into the opening offered by the Ford faceplate adapter.
5. Place the negative battery cable clamp across the detrimental lead put up of the Ford battery. Tighten the bolt on the clamp with the ten mm wrench so that the clamp can not move freely in regards to the lead post.