The starter in a Ford Contour needs the battery to send it sufficient electrical amps to start out the engine. Oftentimes, when a Contour doesn’t begin, the battery is suspect. When the starter begins to fail, it might begin intermittently or by no means, rendering the automotive compromised or ineffective until it is replaced. It can save you some money on labor costs by installing the starter in your Ford Contour yourself.
Ford Contour Starter Installation
1. Park the Ford Contour on a paved, level surface. Apply the parking brake and launch the hood latch.
2. Place a wheel chock behind one of many rear tires, then open the hood.
3. Take away the destructive battery terminal from the battery publish using a hand wrench. Isolate the terminal end so it can not come again into contact with the battery submit in the course of the procedure.
4. Remove the air consumption resonators and the air field assembly to entry the upper starter mounting bolts.
5. Remove the three upper starter mounting bolts utilizing a metric flex-head ratcheting wrench.
6. Raise the left entrance quarter of the Contour with the floor jack, and place a jack stand beneath the left entrance body rail. Repeat this for the correct facet to elevate the entrance axle.
7. Placed on the security glasses, grab the new starter and the ratchet and socket set and crawl beneath the Contour (on a creeper when you have one and there is sufficient room).
8. Take away the nuts from the starter terminals, after which remove the cables from the starter terminals.
9. Remove the 2 lower starter mounting bolts utilizing the ratchet and socket set. Take away the starter.
10. Set up the brand new starter, and change the two decrease mounting bolts and tighten them. Change the cables onto the terminals of the new starter, replace the nuts and tighten them.
11. Take away the tools and old starter, and crawl out from beneath the Contour. Decrease the Contour to the ground.
12. Install the higher starter mounting nuts and tighten them.
13. Substitute the air field assembly and air consumption resonators.
14. Reconnect the negative battery terminal to the negative battery post and tighten.
15. Remove the wheel chock and test start the Ford Contour.