The 4R70W is a classic example of a 4-speed, overdrive transmission manufactured by Ford Motor Company. The set up of a Ford AOD transmission is a reasonably in depth process that often takes between three and 4 hours to complete. While not necessary, earlier mechanical expertise is really helpful, especially since incorrect set up of the transmission can lead to catastrophic car failure.
Ford AOD Transmission Installation Instructions
1. Increase the automobile off of the floor utilizing a hydraulic ground jack and one ton jack stands.
2. Maneuver the transmission into place in opposition to the again side of the engine block and align the bell housing bolt holes. The crankshaft output shaft should be simultaneously inserted into the torque converter enter socket. Set up and torque the bell housing to engine block bolts to 41 foot pounds.
3. Set up the fuel line bracket and snug the retaining bolt. Set up the exhaust Y-pipe. Position the ford aod transmission cross member in opposition to the underside of the transmission. Set up and tighten the cross member bolts to 32 foot pounds.
4. Install a brand new O-ring on the decrease finish of the transmission filler tube. Insert the tube into the transmission case and secure the tube to the fitting hand cylinder head via the retaining bolt.
5. Attach the solenoid body connector. Join the OSS, TR, and VSS wiring harnesses. Connect the oil cooler lines to the precise facet of the transmission using a flare nut wrench. Join the transmission shift linkage. Set up the rubber access plug on the best facet of the transmission.
6. Install the starter motor. Set up the drive shaft yoke contained in the transmission extension housing. Join the drive shaft to the drive shaft yoke.
7. Decrease the automobile and add transmission fluid as needed.