The starter on your 8N Ford tractor is usually one of the vital dependable elements of the tractor. The starter was designed by a very frugal man, Henry Ford. He never used components that weren’t needed so that they held up well. Originally the starters have been on a 6 volt system. A number of the tractors had been transformed to 12 volt systems. It is vital that you simply maintain an excellent beginning system, or you may have flywheel and ring gear problems.
Ford 8N Tractor starter Installation Instructions
1. Pull the 8N tractor on level floor and shut off engine. Put transmission in a low gear so the tractor will not move if you are working on the starter. Permit the engine to cool completely.
2. Go to the battery compartment and take away damaging battery cable utilizing the 7/sixteen field finish wrench on the cable clamp bolt. It will keep you from shorting out the battery or damaging any of the other electrical components.
3. Transfer to the aspect that the starter is on. Utilizing a 3/8 ratchet and socket remove the cable from the starter that is going to the starter solenoid.
4. Take away the 2 long mounting bolts that go through starter housing using the three/eight ratchet and socket. At this point the starter will be removed.
5. Install the mounting bolts within the new starter before you install the starter. This will can help you see easy methods to information them via the case. Install the starter and secure mounting bolts evenly. Install remaining elements in reverse order. Put the transmission in neutral and take a look at the starter. Your starter substitute is now complete.