Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 02-05-2013
The thermostat in your Ford 4.0 liter engine is important to the operation of your engine’s cooling system. In case you have noticed that your engine is running sizzling or, that the temperature gauge doesn’t appear to be reading accurately then it’s essential to change the thermostat. You may set up a thermostat in a Ford 4.0 liter engine (the engine utilized in virtually every V6 Ford truck and automotive) in about an hour.
Ford 4.0 Liter Thermostat Installation Instructions
1. Park your automobile or truck on a stage surface. Look ahead to the engine to utterly cool. Open the hood and remove the radiator filler cap (this unscrews by hand).
2. Place a bucket beneath the car beneath the driver’s facet of the radiator. Reach under the radiator and switch the drain petcock in the direction of the front of the car. If in case you have difficulty turning the petcock by hand, clamp a pair of vise grips to it and turn it utilizing these as a handle. Enable enough coolant to drain out of the radiator so that you could see the highest of the steel fins inside the radiator when you look in by means of the open fill cap. Shut the petcock.
3. Trace the coolant delivery hose from the place it comes off radiator to the place it joins the thermostat housing. The thermostat housing shall be located on the highest of the engine block, toward the front. It is metal and the delivery hose will feed into it and there will probably be two additional hose coming off the housing.
4. Loosen the hose clamps attaching the hoses to the thermostat housing by turning the hose clamp screws counter-clockwise with a flat head screwdriver. When the clamps are unfastened enough to spin across the hose, pull the hoses off the housing.
5. Remove the 4 bolts holding the housing cover in place with a socket wrench. Raise the housing cover off. Inspect the gasket beneath the housing, exchange it if it is brittle to the touch or seems to be worn. Scrape off the old gasket with a paint scraper put a brand new one in its place.
6. Take away the old thermostat from its place in the housing by merely lifting it out.
7. Set up the thermostat into your Ford 4.0 liter by inserting it in the same place because the old. Make sure that the silver high is dealing with upward and the arrows on the highest are pointed toward the radiator.
8. Substitute the thermostat housing cover and bolt it into position. Re-attach the hoses and tighten the hose clamps. Fill the radiator with new coolant and exchange the filler cap.