Filed Under (Buick) by admin on 21-02-2012
The crankshaft sensor on a Buick LeSabre is a double, shared magnet sort of sensor, which is mounted on a pedestal on the block subsequent to the crankshaft pulley. The crankshaft pulley, i.e., harmonic balancer, has two interrupter rings within the back, going through the block. There may be an outer ring and an interior ring. The outer ring consists of 18 interrupter blades and the inner ring consists of three blades. Both units of those blades go via, and in front of, the sensors. The outer sensor is an 18x signal and the inner is a 3x signal. When the blade passes in entrance of the sensors it turns the power off, very similar to a lightweight change or like points in an early mannequin vehicle. The sensor produces an on and off signal to the pc for ignition timing.
Buick LeSabre Crankshaft Position Sensor Installation Instructions
1. Elevate and assist the front of the automotive on jack stands. Take away the passenger side wheel, utilizing the ½-inch drive ratchet and acceptable socket. Take away the inner splash protect, utilizing a socket.
2. Remove the serpentine belt from the crankshaft pulley by using a wrench to move the tensioner away from the belt and eradicating the belt. Take away the middle bolt within the harmonic balancer, using the ½-inch drive breaker bar and appropriate socket.
3. Set up the harmonic balancer puller, then take away the harmonic balancer. Disconnect the electrical plug from the crankshaft sensor. Remove the 2 bolts securing the sensor to the block. Remove the old sensor from its mounting pedestal.
4. Install the brand new sensor with pedestal on the particular set up tool. Move the crankshaft sensor so that the software’s blades go useless heart by way of the sensors with out making contact. Tighten the sensor and continue to rotate the tool. If there is no such thing as a contact after tightening, withdraw the sensor from the tool and mount the sensor pedestal to the block with the 2 bolts. Tighten the bolts. Plug within the electrical plug on the sensor.
5. Install the harmonic balancer and tighten the center bolt to a hundred and eighty foot pounds of torque. Install the splash defend and wheel in reverse order of removal.