Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 25-04-2013
The stock stereo unit within the 1998 Ford Taurus (and Mercury sable) is an AM/FM radio with built-in CD player. Taurus owners who wish to upgrade their inventory stereo models can choose to have the substitute handled by a professional automobile audio technician, or attempt the substitute themselves. Removal of the manufacturing facility stereo requires the use of Ford DIN elimination tools. You may trend make-shift tools using a wire coat hanger and a pair of wire cutters.
1998 Ford Taurus CD Player Installation Instructions
1. Carry the Taurus’ hood and loosen the bolt on the adverse battery cable clamp with the wrench. Carry the cable from the destructive battery terminal and set it aside. Transfer to the within of the Ford.
2. Slide the Ford DIN removal instruments (accessible at any Ford dealership service station or third party automobile audio outlet) into the holes at both finish of the stereo’s face. Push the keys into the openings until they snap into place. Pull outward on the keys and pull the stock head unit from the Ford’s dashboard.
3. Unplug the 2 white plastic wire binders from the outlets on the again of the stereo unit. Remove the antenna cable lead from the antenna outlet on the again of the unit. Take away the two screws on either side of the stereo bracket with a Phillips-head screwdriver. Slide the stereo from the bracket to finish the removal.
4. Insert the Ford aftermarket stereo adapter into the manufacturing unit stereo bracket. Exchange the 2 screws into the edges of the bracket to secure the adapter inside. Slide the new head unit into the adapter until it snaps into place.
5. Plug the Taurus’ stereo wiring connectors into the wiring harness adapter lead connectors. Plug the wiring harness adapter leads into the shops on the rear panel of the new stereo. Plug the antenna cable lead into the FM antenna outlet on the again of the new unit.
6. Slide all the stereo meeting into the dashboard stereo mounting dock. Press firmly on the outside of the trim panel that accommodates the newly installed stereo unit to snap it again into place within the dash. Return to the battery.
7. Place the negative battery cable clamp across the damaging battery terminal. Tighten the bolt on the cable’s clamp with the wrench. Close the Taurus’ hood.