Filed Under (Chevrolet) by admin on 23-01-2012
Subject : Evaporator Core Service and Repair Manual A/C Removal Procedure
Models : 1998 Chevrolet (Chevy) Truck S10/T10 Blazer 2WD V6-4.3L VIN W
Evaporator Core Removal Procedure :
1. Disconnect the adverse battery cable.
2. Take away the appropriate side instrument panel sound insulator. Remove the instrument panel storage compartment.
3. Disconnect the passenger facet SIR. Remove the lower proper instrument panel mounting bolt.
4. Take away the left and right entrance speaker grilles. Take away the center instrument panel sound insulator.
5. Remove the left side instrument panel sound insulator. Disconnect the park brake launch cable.
6. Remove the knee bolster. Remove the lower left instrument panel mounting bolt.
7. Remove the BCM. Disconnect the driving force side SIR. Remove the instrument panel cluster.
8. Take away the radio. Remove the HVAC control assembly. Remove the steering column retaining retaining nuts.
9. Decrease the steering column. Remove the instrument panel carrier.
10. Remove the left and proper cowl vent grille panels.
11. Disconnect the underhood lamp electrical connector, if equipped. Take away the hood. Remove the VCM.
12. Remove the coolant restoration tank. Take away the heater hoses. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the grille mounted lamps.
13. Remove the proper entrance headlamp assembly. Remove the front bumper. Take away the fitting wheelhouse panel.
14. Disconnect the radio antenna cable. Disconnect the electrical connector for the horn.
15. Take away the correct fender. Take away the evaporator case warmth shield, if equipped.
16. Take away the blower motor resistor. Take away the evaporator case bolts and screws.
17. Remove the accumulator. Take away the condenser to the evaporator line fitting.
18. Take away the bolts which retain the evaporator case to the bulkhead.
19. Pull again flippantly on the heater case to remove the evaporator case.
20. Remove the evaporator case retaining screws.
21. Disassemble the evaporator case sections, and remove the evaporator core.
NOTE: If replacing the evaporator core, take away the enlargement (orofice) tube and set up it into the new core.