Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 18-06-2014
1. Learn the Basic Instruction sheet included with this baseplate.
2. The baseplate mounts to the front underside of the automobile utilizing ten bolts; 5 on each side of the car.
3. Take away the plastic belly pan from the entrance underside of the car. It is held on with bolts (10mm socket), and plastic pop-in pins (pull down with pliers). Save all components for later baseplate installation.
4. Take away both of the tie-down brackets. Every is attached with 3 hex head bolts (13mm socket). Inspect and save the bolts for re-use. baseplate
5. There’s a black plastic strip that runs along the bottom of the bumper. Remove this by removing the bolts along the skin edges and unsnapping it from the grill within the center.
6. Place a jack underneath the left to proper horizontal engine mount cross beam, near the center, for support. Remove only 2 of the hex head bolts, each on the identical side, which connect the cross beam to the chassis (17mm socket). Inspect and save for re-use.
7. Loosely, install a baseplate Mount on the identical aspect as step 5. Hand tighten the two cross beam bolts. Hand tighten the three tie-down bolts. Apply Loctite. DO NOT FULLY TIGHTEN YET.
8. Repeat step 5 & 6 for the other side.
9. The dimensional variations between in any other case identical automobiles can be considerable. Whereas the situation and dimension of the holes in the baseplate were designed to facilitate straight forward set up, it might be necessary to file or drill a hole slightly to permit a bolt to clear.
10. Match and notch the black plastic lower bumper strip around the left and right baseplate Mounts. The rear bolt for the cross tube will probably be behind the strip when the strip is installed.
11. Attach the baseplate to the left and proper Mounts, utilizing the 1/2-13 hardware provided. The plastic strip will likely be compressed barely within the middle by the cross tube. Do Not Fully Tighten Yet.
12. Tighten the 4 (2/aspect) engine cross beam bolts first. Tighten completely.
13. Tighten all different hardware.
14. Fit and notch the belly pan utilizing a utility knife, and re-set up on the car. Notice that solely two small squares need be removed on the front around both facet of the engine cross beam.
15. Included within the guide bundle is a touch decal in your automotive to remind you the right way to arrange the transmission to tow. Place the decal on the dash of your Honda or on the tow bar or wherever it is going to remind you to make sure your transmission will likely be properly shifted before you tow. Detailed baseplate instructions appear later in this baseplate instruction sheet.
16. Install the tow bar and security cables in response to the directions included of their packages.
17. Do not substitute different baseplate devices if the pin and clip are lost.