Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 22-09-2014
medianet_width=’468′; medianet_height= ’60′; medianet_crid=’447323532′;
The Ford Freestyle is a mid-sized SUV with room for loads of people. The Ford additionally has an engine capable of pulling a trailer, but to do that, it must have a Trailer Hitch put in — which was not factory customary on all Ford Freestyle SUVs. If your Freestyle does not have a Trailer Hitch and you want to add one, you can do so in under an hour with the right tools.
Ford Freestar Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions
1. Unbolt the muffler from the framerails with the 3/8-inch ratchet, extension and sockets. Unbolt the carbon canister on the passenger side framerail with the 3/8-inch ratchet, extension and sockets and carefully lower it down from the back of the SUV. Pull the muffler bracket off of the muffler hanger together with your hands.
2. Put the muffler hanger within the bench vise so that the curved section at the finish is visible.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 22-09-2014
You need to crawl under the car vehicle on most cars to get to the starter, however that’s not the case with the Honda Accord. You’ll be able to pull the starter out by the engine compartment and it is a straightforward process. An inexperienced person can count on to complete the mission in an hour or so. There is not any have to pay labor costs when you are able to do it yourself. Once you have decided that the starter is, in actual fact, your drawback, substitute it at home.
1. Open the engine compartment and disconnect the negative battery terminal using a wrench to loosen the nut.
2. Remove the lower radiator hose from the bracket on the starter meeting utilizing a wrench.
3. Disconnect the starter cable from the starter motor using a wrench to take away the nut. Unplug the black-and-white wire harness from the solenoid.… Read More
Filed Under (Toyota) by admin on 21-09-2014
Most Toyota trucks come normal with a strong back window, however a sliding glass window can help with ventilation–crucial for snug driving on summer time days, particularly if the truck is not equipped with air conditioning. Installing a rear slider is a enjoyable mod that may appear intimidating, but is really easy to do.
Toyota Pickup Rear Slider Installation Instructions
1. Pry the flat glass out of the cab (using a flathead screwdriver) by working the rubber gasket out.
2. Pry the rubber out slowly, working from the nook after which towards the opposite side. Have an assistant readily available to keep the window steady.
3. Start pulling the inventory window away from the cab as soon as the rubber is labored out most of the way.
4. Pull the rubber surround off the stock glass and set up it onto the slider window.
5. Work the rope into the channel on the rubber.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 21-09-2014
1. Peel the plastic protecting cowl from the satellite tv for pc radio receiver antenna to disclose a magnetic antenna and adhesive cable coming from the antenna.
2. Place the satellite tv for pc radio antenna on the roof of the Accord, a minimum of three inches from the rear windshield. Make sure that the wiring from the antenna is directed toward the rear window.
3. Lay the antenna wiring alongside the gaps between the window and the roof of the Honda. Use a trim panel elimination software to power the antenna gently into the crease around the window.
4. Open the Accord’s trunk.
5. Lay the wire from the top heart of the rear window towards the facet of the window. Route the wire down the window and into the trunk on the point the place the window and the trunk opening meet.
6. Feed the antenna wire from the trunk space by way of the rear fold-down seat and into the main cabin of the Honda.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 20-09-2014
Routing The Fog Light Harness Continued..
14. Route the fog light harness 2-pin connector (long finish) up along the bulkhead aspect stay, then alongside the vehicle harness behind the front bulkhead upper frame.
15. Continue routing the fog light harness 2-pin connector forward, then all the way down to the underside of the front facet frame along the outside of the suitable bulkhead side stay.
16. Connect the three wire ties with clip on the fog mild harness into the holes in the bulkhead facet stay. Further secure the fog lights harness to the vehicle harness with two wire ties in the areas shown without engine block heater.
17. Secure the fog gentle harness to the outlet with the wire tie as shown.
18. Safe the fog light harness to the holes within the bulkhead facet stay and the left front bulkhead with the 4 wire ties with clip.
19. Secure the fog gentle harness to the vehicle harness with one wire tie.… Read More
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 20-09-2014
The 1990 Ford Explorer popularized the SUV as an alternative to the station wagon. Altering out the stereo on the Explorer is likely one of the easier projects for the do-it-yourselfer. With the best tools, it takes less than an hour. Ford Explorers used a pin software to loosen the radio from the sprint however you may make your individual with a coat hanger.
Ford Explorer Radio/Stereo Installation Procedures
1. Open the hood and take away the destructive battery cable. Ensure it is resting away from any steel parts.
2. Minimize two eight-inch pieces of coat hanger and bend them right into a U-shape. Alter the hangers until they match easily into the two front mounting holes on all sides of the stereo. Press the hangers into the holes. Squeeze each of the “U” pieces collectively and pull. The radio will pull out of the dash. Later model Explorers should remove the trim ring to show the mounting pinholes.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 19-09-2014
1. Spray the penetrating lubricant onto the rear exhaust hanger then use the 24-inch pry bar to remove the exhaust from the exhaust hanger. This is going to allow you to pull the exhaust out of the way.
2. Spray the bolt holes on the frame rails using the penetrating lubricant after which use a wire brush to clean out the bolt holes. Manually tun the bolts provided with the trailer hitch by the bolt holes.
3. Slide the hitch beneath the automobile so that one aspect of the hitch sits on top of the exhaust for support, which allows you to maintain the opposite aspect up underneath the body rail. Loosely bolt the one aspect of the hitch to the body utilizing your hands, then decide up the opposite side and loosely bolt it in place as well.
4. Tighten down all of the hardware using the three/8-inch ratchet, extension and sockets.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 19-09-2014
1. Take away the rider’s seat. Disconnect the battery, eradicating the negative (-) terminal first, followed by the optimistic (+) terminal. Then locate and disconnect the rear turn alerts and taillight. The connectors are underneath the seat.
2. Loosen the rear fender by removing the bolts on the rear fender support strut with an appropriately sized Allen head socket. Decrease the fender onto the rear wheel, and slide it out completely.
3. Take away the rear flip sign assemblies from the fender help strut, taking care to notice which meeting got here from the left or right facet of the motorcycle.
4. Reduce every turn signal’s wiring 3 inches from the connector ends with an electrical wire chopping tool. Slide two 1-inch-lengthy strips of heat-shrink tubing on the wire. Cut two separate units of electrical wiring approximately 24 inches in size, and solder them into place between the turn signal and the connector end.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 19-09-2014
1. Open the hood of the Honda Accord. There’s usually a button inside the car. Push the button to release the hood. A latch is located in the course of the hood beneath the edge. Push the latch after which elevate up the hood. Make sure that the hood is held up securely with the holder within the car, or by some other means, to ensure the hood does not fall when you find yourself beneath it.
2. Use a 10 mm wrench to loosen the bolts on prime of the bumper to take away it. Once the bumper is removed, put it to the side.
3. Disconnect the wires which are on the back of the headlights. Take away the bulbs from the within of the lens assembly. Take away these by turning and pulling them out.
4. Loosen the bolts on the top and backside of the lens assembly and remove it using a 10 mm wrench.… Read More
Filed Under (Toyota) by admin on 18-09-2014
There are numerous causes to change the interior door handle with of your Toyota Corolla. Whatever the motive, you’ll be able to pay someone to do the job or you can do it yourself. You can save some huge cash by doing it yourself.
Toyota Corolla Interior Door Handle Installation Instructions
1. Disconnect the battery cable under the hood. That is especially necessary in case you have any electronic parts within the door, together with power windows, locks or safety features.
2. Open the door and prop it open with a cinderblock or brick. It will make it easier to work without having to hold the door open when removing the inside door handle.
3. Attach a plastic white clip to the handle. You’ll have to slide it using needle-nose pliers. Transfer the ring in a whole circle to allow it to snap into place. Once this occurs, turn it so far as it would go.… Read More