Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 01-10-2014
medianet_width=’468′; medianet_height= ’60′; medianet_crid=’447323532′;
1. Lift up the vehicle utilizing the jack and place it on jack stands. Be certain the vehicle is secure earlier than you crawl beneath it.
2. Take away the muffler hangers from the muffler by loosening them together with your arms or use the pry bar for additional force. There are several threaded bolt holes on each body rail as well as a pair within the middle by the tow hook. Spray the penetrating oil in these holes then scrub them with the wire brush. This should take away any scale or rust from the inside of the outlet and make bolting within the hitch a little easier.
3. Slide the hitch over the muffler and loosely bolt it in place utilizing the 3/eight-inch ratchet, extension and sockets, and the hardware supplied with the hitch kit. There is a u-bolt provided with the kit that goes across the tow hook mount, and you need to loosely bolt this in place at the same time.… Read More
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 29-09-2014
From muscle car to compact and again to muscle automotive, the Ford Mustang rewards its driver with a deep growl and impressive acceleration. Altering out the stereo in a Ford Mustang is one of the simpler modifications to make, however pays off with large sound. Upgrading the head unit takes fundamental instruments and the proper parts and doing this mission takes an hour or so.
Ford Mustang Stereo/Radio Installation
1. Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable from the terminal. Take care to secure it where it might probably’t touch any metallic parts.
2. Lower a wire coat hanger into two eight-inch pieces and bend them into a “U” shape. Find the pin lock holes on all sides of the radio and adjust the hanger to suit on either side of the stereo.
3. Push the hangers to the skin of the stereo to launch the locks and pull the pinnacle unit out of the dash.… Read More
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 29-09-2014
The Ford Freestyle is a mid-sized SUV with room for loads of people. The Ford additionally has an engine capable of pulling a trailer, but to do that, it must have a Trailer Hitch put in — which was not factory customary on all Ford Freestyle SUVs. If your Freestyle does not have a Trailer Hitch and you want to add one, you can do so in under an hour with the right tools.
Ford Freestar Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions
1. Unbolt the muffler from the framerails with the 3/8-inch ratchet, extension and sockets. Unbolt the carbon canister on the passenger side framerail with the 3/8-inch ratchet, extension and sockets and carefully lower it down from the back of the SUV. Pull the muffler bracket off of the muffler hanger together with your hands.
2. Put the muffler hanger within the bench vise so that the curved section at the finish is visible.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 28-09-2014
You need to crawl under the car vehicle on most cars to get to the starter, however that’s not the case with the Honda Accord. You’ll be able to pull the starter out by the engine compartment and it is a straightforward process. An inexperienced person can count on to complete the mission in an hour or so. There is not any have to pay labor costs when you are able to do it yourself. Once you have decided that the starter is, in actual fact, your drawback, substitute it at home.
1. Open the engine compartment and disconnect the negative battery terminal using a wrench to loosen the nut.
2. Remove the lower radiator hose from the bracket on the starter meeting utilizing a wrench.
3. Disconnect the starter cable from the starter motor using a wrench to take away the nut. Unplug the black-and-white wire harness from the solenoid.… Read More
Filed Under (Toyota) by admin on 28-09-2014
Most Toyota trucks come normal with a strong back window, however a sliding glass window can help with ventilation–crucial for snug driving on summer time days, particularly if the truck is not equipped with air conditioning. Installing a rear slider is a enjoyable mod that may appear intimidating, but is really easy to do.
Toyota Pickup Rear Slider Installation Instructions
1. Pry the flat glass out of the cab (using a flathead screwdriver) by working the rubber gasket out.
2. Pry the rubber out slowly, working from the nook after which towards the opposite side. Have an assistant readily available to keep the window steady.
3. Start pulling the inventory window away from the cab as soon as the rubber is labored out most of the way.
4. Pull the rubber surround off the stock glass and set up it onto the slider window.
5. Work the rope into the channel on the rubber.… Read More
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 28-09-2014
The introduction of the Ford Taurus as a 1986 model met with rave reviews that helped Ford get back on its feet. Through a number of generations, the Ford Taurus was a high seller, with a stylish design and household-friendly comfort. Upgrading the stereo in a Ford Taurus is a fast undertaking that brings up to date options and quality sound.
1. Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable from the terminal. Make sure the cable is safe to keep it from touching any metal parts.
2. Reduce a wire coat hanger into two eight-inch items and bend them into a “U” shape. Locate the locking pin holes, two on each side of the stereo, and regulate the hangers to suit on each side. Push the hangers into the holes and apply strain towards the skin of the pinnacle unit till you hear the tabs snap into place.
3.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 27-09-2014
1. Peel the plastic protecting cowl from the satellite tv for pc radio receiver antenna to disclose a magnetic antenna and adhesive cable coming from the antenna.
2. Place the satellite tv for pc radio antenna on the roof of the Accord, a minimum of three inches from the rear windshield. Make sure that the wiring from the antenna is directed toward the rear window.
3. Lay the antenna wiring alongside the gaps between the window and the roof of the Honda. Use a trim panel elimination software to power the antenna gently into the crease around the window.
4. Open the Accord’s trunk.
5. Lay the wire from the top heart of the rear window towards the facet of the window. Route the wire down the window and into the trunk on the point the place the window and the trunk opening meet.
6. Feed the antenna wire from the trunk space by way of the rear fold-down seat and into the main cabin of the Honda.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 27-09-2014
Routing The Fog Light Harness Continued..
14. Route the fog light harness 2-pin connector (long finish) up along the bulkhead aspect stay, then alongside the vehicle harness behind the front bulkhead upper frame.
15. Continue routing the fog light harness 2-pin connector forward, then all the way down to the underside of the front facet frame along the outside of the suitable bulkhead side stay.
16. Connect the three wire ties with clip on the fog mild harness into the holes in the bulkhead facet stay. Further secure the fog lights harness to the vehicle harness with two wire ties in the areas shown without engine block heater.
17. Secure the fog gentle harness to the outlet with the wire tie as shown.
18. Safe the fog light harness to the holes within the bulkhead facet stay and the left front bulkhead with the 4 wire ties with clip.
19. Secure the fog gentle harness to the vehicle harness with one wire tie.… Read More
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 26-09-2014
The 1990 Ford Explorer popularized the SUV as an alternative to the station wagon. Altering out the stereo on the Explorer is likely one of the easier projects for the do-it-yourselfer. With the best tools, it takes less than an hour. Ford Explorers used a pin software to loosen the radio from the sprint however you may make your individual with a coat hanger.
Ford Explorer Radio/Stereo Installation Procedures
1. Open the hood and take away the destructive battery cable. Ensure it is resting away from any steel parts.
2. Minimize two eight-inch pieces of coat hanger and bend them right into a U-shape. Alter the hangers until they match easily into the two front mounting holes on all sides of the stereo. Press the hangers into the holes. Squeeze each of the “U” pieces collectively and pull. The radio will pull out of the dash. Later model Explorers should remove the trim ring to show the mounting pinholes.… Read More
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 26-09-2014
1. Open the hood of the Honda Accord. There’s usually a button inside the car. Push the button to release the hood. A latch is located in the course of the hood beneath the edge. Push the latch after which elevate up the hood. Make sure that the hood is held up securely with the holder within the car, or by some other means, to ensure the hood does not fall when you find yourself beneath it.
2. Use a 10 mm wrench to loosen the bolts on prime of the bumper to take away it. Once the bumper is removed, put it to the side.
3. Disconnect the wires which are on the back of the headlights. Take away the bulbs from the within of the lens assembly. Take away these by turning and pulling them out.
4. Loosen the bolts on the top and backside of the lens assembly and remove it using a 10 mm wrench.… Read More